A message from Dr. St. Germain: Our chiropractic and medical doctors understand your needs and how important it is to receive care from physicians who are highly experienced in treating auto accident injuries. Our doctors have over 25 years’ experience dealing with cases such as car accident injuries, slip and fall accidents, work related injuries, back and neck pain as well as many other musculoskeletal injuries. Our physicians are trained to recognize, diagnose, treat, and document your injuries.
The trauma sustained from an auto accident may produce a combination or anyone of the following injuries:
- Neck Injuries
- Arm or Leg Numbness
- Jaw Pain
- Low Back Injuries
- Low Back Stiffness
- Muscle Injuries (Soft Tissue Injuries)
- Disk Bulge
- Herniated Disc
- Memory Loss
- Sharp or Dull Radiating Pain Down One or Both Arms or Legs
We recommend that you should seek care from a doctor who is experienced in treating car accident injuries within 24 to 48 hours of your car accident.
Your auto accident is about you and your injury; receiving a thorough examination and immediate care is extremely important. If you delay seeing a physician in a timely fashion after your car accident, you may run the risk of irreversible damage.
- You may have injuries that have not shown any symptoms yet.
- Whiplash injuries may not show any symptoms for hours, days or weeks later.
- Medical professionals all agree that the first 72 hours after an accident are the most critical and treatment can be the most effective inside that timeframe.
- Most injuries from automobile accidents occur at speeds of 6-12 MPH. Your car might not show much damage, but your body might.
- A soft-tissue injury is permanent, as scar tissue can form in your muscles leaving them less flexible and prone to re-injury in the future. This is a major reason for you to get checked.
- Statistics show the longer you wait for treatment after you are injured, the longer it takes to heal and requires more treatments.
- If you are injured your injuries usually will not heal on their own.
- If you act quickly you preserve your legal rights. A Dallas attorney listed things to do after an accident and #1 on his list was: Get prompt medical treatment; otherwise you may get benefits denied or limited.
- In most cases treatment can cost you nothing out of pocket, even if it’s your fault or you don’t have any health insurance.
- If you are not injured you can sleep better at night knowing you had an extensive exam and X-rays and found out everything was fine.